Wednesday, December 9, 2015

See, I'm legit!!!!

I finally found a way to upload my photos! This is the Christmas
wreath pin I designed. I am happy to share my pattern with you. If you choose to share what you make from this, I'd be blessed if you credit my blog. I put this photo on a Facebook page called CROCHET ADDICT. It was suggested I add beads instead of embroidering the red "berries." I will give you pattern as shown, and you can adjust to your preference.
Send me pics of your own creation, please. I love admiring other people's talent!
MATERIALS:
H crochet hook (5.0 MM)
Worsted weight green yarn, and red for embroidery
Yarn needle
Thin red ribbon for bow
Pin for jewelry crafting (see below)
      


Abbreviations/Stitches:


ch - chain
sl st - slip stitch
hdc- half double crochet

Finished size:

Approx. 3.25" in diameter
Gauge doesn't matter, because you can create to the size of your liking
Directions:
ROUND 1
To start, using the green yarn, make 8 ch st. Make a sl st into first ch to create a loop.
ROUND 1
Make 1 ch st. *Make 2 hdc inside loop, NOT in the stitches. Ch 1.* REPEAT * to * 9 more times. Sl st to connect to beginning of row. 
(20 hdc total)


ROUND 2
Chain 2 in chain space between hdc's. (Counts as hdc) Hdc two more times. Ch 1. *3 hdc in next chain space, ch 1.* repeat * to * 8 more times. Sl st into 2nd ch at beginning of round. (30 hdc total).

ROUND 3
Ch 5. Sl st in next ch 1 space. Repeat 9 times. Ch 1 and cast off.
At this point your wreath should look like this:


To attach craft pin, either use hot glue gun or a yarn needle to sew in place on the wrong side. Make a bow with red ribbon and glue to top front.  With red yarn and yarn needle, 

embroider red balls around the wreath to create the look of holly berries.

This is how the wrong side looks: 


HAPPY CRAFTING AND GOD BLESS!





2 comments:

  1. Thank you. I have had difficulty with several patterns I tried. When I tried yours, my wreath pin looked right the first time. 12/18

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You just inspired me . I had a TIA mini stroke. A few weeks ago and I need to be busy but need success. I intend to make this tomorrow. 💗

      Delete